Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stuck In A Rut




















Doug & I took our kids, Jake, Abby, Jordan & Hayden to the Widow Maker hill climb today to watch VP of Smith's, Kenny Kimball, make it up over this enormous mountain. I never thought I would enjoy watching a bunch of crazy guys try to climb a ridiculously straight up & down mountain on dirt bikes, but I did!! Every time one of them would start, you would tense up, in hopes that he would make it to the top. I even felt myself rocking a bit, trying to help them up & over... A few of them ended with motorcycle & rider tumbling down the mountain but most of them got 'stuck in the rut'.
Every time a rider would go up the mountain, they would spin out at a certain point & could not go any further... ending the race for that rider and causing a deep rut for the next rider. The next rider would go up & get caught in the same rut... and so on & so forth.
As I sat there watching rider after rider try to go around the rut & end up making another rut further up the mountain, I pondered.... there in the hot scorching sun, I pondered...

We ALL get stuck in a rut... we try to go around it & get a little further ahead, then make another rut further up our mountain of so-called "life". Sometimes we try so hard to get further ahead & we tumble down the mountain, shamelessly dust ourselves off & try again to get out of the rut we've placed ourselves in. I've never really seen what getting "stuck in a rut" looked like until today. I was ever so enlightened! ha ha

Needless to say, several crazy riders got over the top and it was fascinating to watch. We all had a great time and it was fun to spend time with Jake and Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment