Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Look Who Showed Up!!




October turned out to be a very eventful month... actually an amazing month. I spent the first two weeks on pins and needles waiting for the birth of my first grandson. It's so cool how God shows up even for the minor things.... I prayed that my daughter, Lenzi would not be "started" into labor (they are very "pro" let's start you today!! in Vegas) she was getting pretty upset.
I also prayed that God would get me through one more week at work, my replacement was so crazy busy & I knew she needed one more week to wrap up her work, so I prayed to finish out the week. I prayed for God's perfect timing in my daughter going into labor, me getting to Vegas in time (and alive!!) and a wonderful delivery.
Our work weeks are four 10 hour days, monday thru thursday. I finished work thursday, went grocery shopping, fixed dinner, ate... got "the call" and headed to Vegas at 8 pm that night!! I drove (fast!!) & arrived in Vegas (in one piece) at 2:00 am. In the meantime, Ben took Lenzi to the hospital. Lenzi was dialated to a 3 and they sent her home to "get further along" & told her that she may go through these pains for a couple of days. (pretty interesting when they were so "pro" let's start you NOW )Ugh.
I watched my daughter go through her labor pains for about an hour (now I know how the "dad's" feel.... helpless! There is nothing you can say or do to help! "Breathe" is about the best anyone can do... =0) She decided to take a bath to see if the labor pains would subside (thinking this may be "false labor") They came stronger. At about 4 am we were off to the hospital. She said she didn't care what they say this time, she was NOT leaving!! ha ha.
When we arrived at the hospital, they immediately checked her to see if they could admit her. She was dialated to an 8!!! They asked her if she was trying to go "natural". She gave them "the LOOK" and they immediately got her an epidural.
After the wonders of modern medicine kicked in, she texted a few people and then it was time to push. She pushed for about 20 minutes and had the most amazing delivery I have ever seen. It was flawless and almost effortless. She was so amazing and I couldn't believe that was my daughter. I was so proud of her. She was so beautiful.

My grandson came into the world with brown hair (all my daughter asked of him in the "looks" dept.!) and a good set of lungs!! I fell in love the second I saw him. I knew I was a gonner... My life would never be the same. I always heard that you love your kids but you LOVE your grandkids... it's true!!

I thanked God for all my blessings & answered prayers... (You always show up when I need you!) He is so kind to me & I don't deserve it. Grace- God's Riches At Christ's Expense. Thank you Lord, Your hand was in every aspect of this birth & I praise You!

2 comments:

  1. Awww Mom! That made me all cry-ish again!! I know! Everything went PERFECTLY! You getting here, me NOT getting induced, me surviving all of the needles (and terrible contractions), him arriving here safely without 17 hours of pushing, all of us surviving a week of the NICU, etc. ETC!! It was all perfect. And now he's here for us to love on. I'm so glad you were there for all of it with us. What a ride! And I don't think we are biased at all: he is perfect. :) XOXO LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Lenzi and the whole family. What a wonderful blessing to welcome a new member into such a great family. I absolutely LOVE his name and I don't think that he can get any cuter. I'm excited to watch him grow (through this blog) because I know that Grandma Cindy is dangerous with a camera. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete